Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Beef Stew





My husband, Cade, loves beef stew! I don't mind it too much myself- especially during these cold winter months when I want to cuddle up with something warm and hearty. I really love using AllRecipes.com because of the rating system and the reviews and I found this recipe there as well. I decided on this recipe because it's quick, so I don't have to remember to make it in the morning and it's easy! It's healthy too! Full of fresh root veggies, which I love. Add a salad and it's a meal.


INGREDIENTS:


2 pounds cubed beef stew meat

3 tablespoons vegetable oil

4 cubes beef bouillon

4 cups water

1 teaspoon dried rosemary

1 teaspoon dried parsley

1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper

3 large potatoes, peeled and cubed

4 carrots, cut into 1 inch pieces

4 stalks celery

1 large onion, chopped

2 teaspoons cornstarch

2 teaspoons cold water

DIRECTIONS:


1. In a large pot or dutch oven, cook beef in oil over medium heat until brown. Dissolve bouillon in water and pour into pot. Stir in rosemary, parsley and pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat, cover and simmer 1 hour.

2. Stir in potatoes, carrots, celery and onion into the pot. Dissolve cornstarch in cold water and stir into stew. Cover and simmer 1 hour more.


No comments:

Post a Comment